Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Photoshop is FINALLY caught!!

I realize that this is essentially the same post as Dr. Coyne's, but I saw this article earlier today and really wanted to share it as well!  Apparently, there were a few mishaps on the Target website regarding Photoshop.  And after JUST having our lecture in class about sexualization of women and thin ideal body image, reading this article drove me crazy!!
 
First off, here's one of the sloppiest Photoshop jobs I've ever seen.  Take a look at her right armpit and her crotch.  Ridiculous!!
 
And here's another:
 
Target Photoshops Junior's Swimsuit Model With Disastrous Results
 
And the close-up of her crotch.  Oh, and look at her hip:
 
Target Photoshops Junior's Swimsuit Model With Disastrous Results
 
Seriously?!  Ugh this makes me really mad!  Girls compare their bodies to these fake legs and obsess with having an unrealistic, perfect body.  So frustrating!  I agree with Dr. Coyne, I'm just glad the media is making a big fuss about these images and making them known.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely ridiculous! I hope someone got fired over this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is insane! What is up with the square crotches?!?! This makes me so sad! I really hope this brings more awareness to our photoshopping epidemic!

    ReplyDelete